Friday, June 4, 2010

Chocolate Apricot Cheesecake

What is for dessert on this fine day? Nothing less than chocolate apricot cheesecake! This is my version of a couple of different recipes. I used Apricot jam but strawberry, raspberry, or any other will work. Enjoy!

Here is the recipe:
Crust
about a cup of crushed chocolate gram cracker
3 Tbl melted butter
3 Tbl sugar

1. Mix all together and press into the bottom of pie pan. Refrigerate.

Batter
2 packages or 16oz. cream cheese
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 Tsp vanilla
1/2 Cup jam/preserves

1. Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together until well blended. Add the eggs, one at a time. Blend well.
2. Pour all batter, except 1/2 cup, on top of the crust
3. Add jam/preserves to remaining 1/2 cup. Mix well. Pour on top of of batter. Use a knife to marble the batter.
4. Bake at 350F for 40 min.
5. Drizzle melted chocolate over the top if desired

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my! This really sounds lovely. This is my first visit to your blog and I love everything I've found. I'll be back often. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete